Friday, December 20, 2013

DIY Laundry Detergent

This laundry detergent has everything you need: it's cheap, smells great, works great, has no harsh chemicals or fragrances, and is homemade and super easy!



Your start by grating one bar of soap. I usually use the 'camomile' bar soap from The Soap Works. I haven't look crazy hard or intense, but this company seems to be one of the best options for bar soap in the area. I buy mine from Harvest Health Foods.

Here's the finished grated soap.


Next you add one cup each of washing soda and borax.



Mix those three ingredients together until they are well blended. Easy as that!!

I usually use 2 tablespoons per load of laundry.  I also throw in a some vinegar, because, as I am learning more and more, vinegar pretty much does everything!

Here is the link where I found this recipe. I used to use a different, liquid recipe, but I like this one a lot more!

No comments:

Post a Comment