Friday, April 11, 2014

You're not pooping

Henry did not take a very long nap today, actually, I don't think he fell asleep at all.  He was up in his room for about 30 or 40 minutes and then became in great distress. I could hear him saying "I pooping" over and over again. I went into his room and this is how the next few minutes went:

Me: "Hey bud. Did you poop?"
Henry: "Yeah. I pooping. I pooping"
I smelled his diaper and looked inside.
Me: "You didn't poop bud. You just tooted."
Henry: "I pooping! I pooping!" Tears starting to fall.
Me: "No bud. It's ok, you just tooted."
Henry: Full on crying. "No. I pooping! I pooping! I pooping! I pooping!"
Me: "It's ok. You didn't poop. You just tooted. Here, hold my hand."
Henry: "I pooping. I sleep without chupete."
Me: "Yeah. You sleep without your chupete because you gave them to Evelyn because your a big boy and a good big brother. I'm so proud of you."
Henry: Crying starting to settle down but still whimpering. "Agua."
Me: "Ok. Aqui. Agua."
Henry: Takes a drink. "Done."
Me: "Ok. Now go to sleep bud."
Henry: "Thomas. Thomas."
Henry had taken off his Thomas the Train socks and thrown them out of his crib.
Me: "Do you need your Thomas socks to go to sleep?"
Henry: "Yeah."
I put his socks back on and lay him back down.
Henry: "Rock silla. Rock silla."
I carry him over to the rocking chair, sit down, and start to rock.
Henry: Still whimpering. "Pray. Pray."
Me: "You want me to pray?"
Henry: "Yeah."
Me: "Ok. God thank you for today and the beautiful weather. Please help Henry to have a good nap and great rest of the day. We pray all of this in your name. Amen."
Henry: "Rocket. Rocket."
Me: "Ok. I'll sing the rocket song."

I sing him a song I made up called the Rocket Song. During which I can hear Evelyn starting to cry from downstairs so I rush it a little and put him down in his crib. He never ended up falling asleep. We are now eating animal crackers and laughing at Evelyn shake her toys.

A good afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment