Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Burn the Mail

We don't have a shredder, so when something comes in the mail that has our personal information on it, I will just burn it in the fireplace.  Henry loves this - anything dealing with starting a fire I can't help but think of my late Grandpa Gordon - so I love this too!  Well, today was the first day in a few that there was nothing that needed to be burned, just junk that I threw away when I got inside.  Henry has apparently associated getting the mail with automatically burning something in the fireplace.  As soon as we got inside (yes - we, Henry has to come along to get the mail.  And, he has to get the mail while being pulled in his wagon with his three basketballs in the wagon with him!) Henry ran right over to the fireplace and sat down.  I didn't want to break his heart so I just grabbed a random piece of paper and burned it.  He sat on my lap and watched with a huge smile on his face.  I hope I haven't created a pyro!

No comments:

Post a Comment