Saturday, October 26, 2013

A day full of memories

What a day today - it was full of memories.  We started by taking a family trip to the grocery store.  Any parent out there knows a trip to the grocery store can quickly become a nightmare and, for that reason, will do almost anything to entertain their kid.  Henry's entertainment of choice was eating little cheddar duck crackers out of his shoe.




One thing commonly used to keep Henry occupied at the grocery store is giving him pouches of fruit and veggies mixes that he can eat.  They have screw on tops, so when he's done eating he plays with them and screws the top on and off.  We ran out of pouches during a car ride, so we had to buy two in the store for him.  Toward the end of the grocery store trip he had eaten one pouch and (I thought) screwed the top back on.  I grabbed the pouch from him and, in an attempt to entertain him, shook it.  Well, he did not screw the top all they way back on, and I ended up spraying the remainder of his pouch all over myself.  And when I say all over myself, I mean all over - it was in a straight line from my feet to the top of my head. 

While Henry was napping, Annie and I were putting clothes away in our room.  Evelyn was on the bed and I leaned over and started talking and smiling at her.  She immediately started to smile and coo! It was the first time she consistently responded to me interacting with her!!

Henry is getting more mobile, and with that, comes more booboos.  It didn't take long for him to realize that when he hurt something we would kiss it.  He was running around our front room and there were some legos on the ground.  He stepped on one of them, fell, and started to cry and rub his foot.  I came over and kissed his foot - he immediately smiled and stood back up.  Standing there, he looked down, reached his foot out, gently touched it on a lego, then got a sad look on his face and lifted his foot up towards me.  I bent down and kissed his foot, so he repeated this with his other foot.  This went on about three more times.  And then again about an hour later.

The night ended with Henry reading Evelyn and Annie one of his favorite books, Miss Rumphius (but not before we put a pillow on his lap - he randomly can no longer read books without having a pillow on his lap) and him running laps in the back room.  He ran about 20 of these laps!



A great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment