Wednesday, October 9, 2013

He thinks he's the vacuum

Henry loves to help. It doesn't matter what it is, he wants to be right in the middle of it. One of the things he likes to help with the most is vacuuming. He can be anywhere in the house, but if he hears me say "vacuum" he runs to the closet and tries to turn the handle to open the closet door. After that, every step of the way he tries to help: plugging the vacuum in, turning it on, pushing it, grabbing and putting the extensions on the hose (which must immediately be followed by vacuuming his hair), taking the dust cup off and dumping it in the trash, putting the dust cup back on, turning the vacuum on and off and on and off and on and off and on, unplugging the vacuum, wrapping the cord back up, opening the closet, and putting the vacuum back in - this last step seems to cause some confusion though. After opening the closet, he would quickly run in. The first few times I stopped him because there are a lot a breakables in the closet, but then I noticed his hands were down at his sides so I thought I would wait the next time and see what happens. Sure enough, he thinks he's the vacuum - he walked in slowly and just stood where the vacuum used to be. He didn't move a muscle, just stood there. If my curiosity gets the best of me, maybe I will shut the door after he goes in next time...just to see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment